Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Ordinary Meal

Asparagus-Leek Frittata

Spice-Broiled Tofu Fillets

Here at the Compound we tend not to prepare traditional meals like Turkey for Thanksgiving or Ham for Easter. For Easter this year the meal was mostly vegetarian with the exception of salmon for the three carnivores in attendance.





Spice-Broiled Tofu Fillets with Jade Pesto (to even call tofu a fillet is somehow funny to me)



Asparagus-Leek Frittata (the Pièce de résistance)


Mushroom Rockefellers (yes, a variation on a theme, Rockefeller would not have approved)


Baked Potatoes with Butter and Panko


Spice-Broiled Salmon



The tofu looked great but had a custardy texture I am not fond of. I will not make it again. If there was a way to make tofu crunchy I might like it. The frittata was delicious and never have I been so proud of the poof these eggs performed at 400 degrees. The Mushroom Rockefellers were good and I will make them again with a few minor adjustments. The potatoes were, like all potatoes, potatoes. Not much to like or dislike. The small amount of salmon left over made its way onto a salad that I packed in Clint's lunch. I expect it was well received.



No comments:

Post a Comment