Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meat Issues




I have been a vegetarian for 26 years. Francesca seems to be taking the same road, perhaps because she sees me eat no meat, although her dad and her Nana eat it daily. Perhaps she has her own reasons.



I received a note from her school requesting the children not pack a lunch on the last day of school because there will be a cookout for the kids that will include hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans (with bacon) and some kind of processed fruit that hung on a peach tree in 2005. This is an issue as Francesca will have nothing, save the fruit, to eat. Peachy...



Any suggestions?



I could show up unexpectedly and say she has to leave school early due to a family emergency. I could send her to school with a cucumber and green pepper sandwich anyway. She could just eat the hot dog.



I have a week to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment