Friday, June 19, 2009

Kids Like the Market

I have been impressed with the number of kids who visit the market. They come wide-eyed and ask lots of questions. Some are country kids and know where food comes from. Most are not and are fascinated that carrots have green tops and are not born in a plastic bag.
I have been trying to come up with ideas that will keep the kids coming back.
The Skiffle Band Workshop is next week and the Bookmobile is coming. Can't say I have ever experienced the Bookmobile. It seems odd to me there are people with no books in their homes. I suppose a mobile library is pretty good.
All kids like face painting or body painting as it were. Girls pick butterflies and kitties. Boys pick skulls and sports.
I remember getting a strawberry painted on my face when I was six at The Strawberry Festival in Bolivar. I thought the artist was the coolest person in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment