Saturday, November 7, 2009

Remotely Peculiar

A man came into the deli and asked if I had a ladder. "Why, yes I do. Why do you need a ladder?" He went on to explain to me he had been in the parking lot the night before flying his remote controlled airplane and it got stuck on the roof of the building that houses the deli.The ladder we have in the deli is not nearly tall enough to allow someone to gain access to the roof and I explained this to the man, who at this point seemed rather agitated. I apologized and suggested he use the remote control to get the plane off the roof. The next day the same man returned to the deli this time carrying a telephone, not a cell phone but a telephone, a land line as it were. He again asked for a ladder and we had to go through the whole process again about the ladder being too short and all. I suggested he call someone who might have a taller ladder. He said he did not have a telephone. "But, you are holding a telephone at this very moment, yes?" He said, "Yes, yes I am." The plane remained on the roof of the building that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment