Sunday, December 27, 2009

Girlfriends


In my life I have had several best friends. Each holds a special place in my heart but none of them are really in my life anymore. None of them were there when my daughter was born. None of them were there when my dad died. None of them were there when my cat, Napoleon died at the age of twenty. None of them even called. I miss that feeling of knowing there is a person out there who will stop what they are doing to share sorrows and joys with you...no matter what. I miss having that person to call every day just because that is what best friends do...It's rather lonley without a girlfriend...a best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I have many friends, but no one close. I used to, but I got burned too many times and now never let anyone in. I keep telling myself that I should, but I'm so tired of having my heart trampled on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann HelvenstonMonday, March 01, 2010

    I don't appreciate having that picture associated with that post. That hurts--everybody has had pain and loss, it's a part of life-if you were slighted in any way, I apologize, but please don't have that photo up there in association with that particular blog entry.

    ReplyDelete