Friday, December 4, 2009

Something from Nothing




Last night we attended a fantastic exhibit Something from Nothing at The Canton Museum of Art. The show was curated by Patrick Buckohr, a painter I have worked with in the past. The show consisted of works by thirteen artists living and working in The Rustbelt, a region that stretches from Minnesota to New Jersey. The art was made from salvaged materials like metal, fabric and wood. My friend, Daniel Horne (pictured with me) had three pieces in the show. He makes kinetic sculpture using metal he finds at scrap yards and various other places metal tends to collect.
You can see Daniels work at his web site scrapheapsculpture.com.
Paul Werner, another artist whom I know had the piece pictured above in the show.
In addition to the great art, Rust Belt Brewery of Youngstown was on hand offering samples of their micro-brewed beer. I tried the stout and enjoyed it very much. It had hints of licorice and Earth, two of my favorite things.
The show hangs until March 7, 2009. Please take the time to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment