Saturday, April 4, 2009

James' Idea


I met a man. One of those friend of a friend online kind of meetings. His intentions were artistic. He was recruiting twelve artists to create pieces of art for a show he plans to have at his home. I think it might be an excuse to have a dinner party and to gather creative people in one place. I was honored to have been asked to make art and to be in the company of others, like me, who still do this. He presented me with an 18 x 18 canvas and I admit, I did not immediately get to work. I pondered. I pondered some more. I drank some vodka. I pondered some more. I may have even pondered some more. I did, eventually do a painting for James. This is the result.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, Kyle. Did the project have "Twelve" as its theme, or did you just choose to incorporate the number on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added it on my own. I have yet to see the eleven other contributions. Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete